Oh, how I love link ups :)



    It's Things Students Say Thursday with Erin over at Every Branch :) I'm going to share an event that could have gone horribly wrong. I was subbing yesterday in a 4th grade classroom and it was someone's birthday. She brought peanut butter bars (Rice Krispie treats made with peanut butter and a chocolate icing on top) to share. As she was handing them out, a different student informed me that if a student doesn't like the treat, he or she may pick a gumball from the teacher's stash. A couple of kids went to get gum while the rest chowed down on these amazing slices of heaven (obviously, I enjoyed the snack!). After taking a bite, a boy raised his hand and said "Can I have a gumball? I'm allergic to peanut butter." Internally I started to panic because I know that peanut allergies can be very serious. I asked him if he was going to be all right and he said "Yeah, I just hope I don't throw up". Oh goodness. Luckily, he was fine. I think his situation is more of a "I don't like peanut butter" rather than being allergic. Not sure. Anyway, I avoided the vomit this time.


    I'm linking up a little late, but here we go. I'll start with one post of 25 facts. Head on over to Megan Writes and join!
    [1] I hope to someday (someday as in next school year, please) teach 7th or 8th grade.

    [2] During senior year of college I lived with 5 guys. I'm a no-drama kind of girl.
     roommates (minus one)
    [3] I prefer white cake over chocolate. And chocolate ice cream over vanilla.

    [4] Recently my tastes buds have changed. A year ago, if you would've asked me two of my least favorite foods, I would have said tacos and Chinese food. Now, I crave tacos and orange chicken. 

    [5] I totaled my first car (don't worry, it was used) the day after I got my license. Oops!

    [6] Since that day, I've never had a traffic violation.

    [7] Weather 50° and above= flip flops...All.the.time. Usually ones from Old Navy.

    [8] I want a bulldog, a dachshund, and a pomeranian :)

    [9] My least favorite chore is cleaning the shower/bath tub.

    [10] THE BEST smoothie in the world is from Planet Smoothie and it's called Captain Kid.

    [11] I'm rather tall for a female-- 5'10"

    [12] I'm obsessed with Broadway Natural Deceptions fake nails. 

    [13] My cat plays fetch.

    [14] I hate shopping for jeans. How does anyone fit into the pre-fabricated sizes?

    [15] My favorite book is The Giver by Lois Lowry. 

    [16] My favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life.

    [17] I'm a huge Facebook creeper. I will look through most of your pictures.

    [18] My favorite alcoholic beverage is Long Island Iced Tea.
    [19] I played college volleyball.

    [20] I'm an alum of Theta Nu Sorority (local chapter at Otterbein University)

    [21] I don't like carbonated beverages.

    [22] I'm that annoying person popping and snapping my gum in a quiet, public place (elevator, classroom, etc.) Sorry!

    [23] I scrapbook my memories.

    [24] My favorite scents include oranges, bacon, fresh baked cookies, and clean laundry. Pretty standard as far as favorite scents, right? I recently went into Bath and Body Works and sniffed their new Cupcake scented candle. AMAZING.
    [25] Although I'm tall, I love to wear heels. Hearing "You're tall!" never gets old :)

     

Total Pageviews