Friday: Fashion and Facts

    First, I want to share a pic of my snazzy new hair straightener. The one I've been using for the past 8 years finally conked out. Of course I was okay with an opportunity to shop :)

     So cute :) 





    Click the button to link up!

    Today I wore a bright green sweater, a brown pencil skirt, and THE cutest brown suede boots. They have about 2 inch wedge heels and reach to the middle of my shin. I got them from The Pink Poodle, which is a designer consignment shop on the west side of Madison, for $25 :) :) Of course, I took some pictures...



    Photobucket


    I've also deemed today FACTUAL FRIDAY. I subbed in a 3rd grade classroom and they had a collection of Snapple bottle caps. I read a few while my kids were at lunch.

    (1) The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping. I had always heard this, but just thought it was a disgusting myth. Apparently not. Gross.

    (2)  Saturn would float if placed in water. Talk about dense.

    (3) Fresh eggs float, stale eggs sink. I'm sure the smell would give it away, but if you needed a different way to tell if your eggs are rotten, here it is.

    (4) The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds. This amazes me because I've had some pretty intricate dreams that seem to last for hours!

    This last one is not from a Snapple cap, but from a poster hanging in the classroom. I am a HUGE fan of grammar (go ahead and call me a nerd, I'm okay with that!). People need to understand that when they use "you're" instead of "your" their intelligence is questioned (at least by  me). How did you graduate high school making these mistakes?? Anyway, here's a refresher and some common examples!

    Homophones are words that sound the same, are spelled differently, and have different meanings.
          ex. there (place), their (possessive pronoun), & they're (contraction of 'they are')
               too (also), to (used in verb phrases as in 'to go'), & two (then number between one and three)
               you're (contraction of 'you are') & your (possessive pronoun)
               principal (the person) & principle (rule or belief)
               know (to be aware of ) & no (opposite of yes)

    Are you also a word nerd? For a full list of homophones, go here!

    Have a great weekend, everyone :)
    Sarah

Total Pageviews