weekend update & forecast.

     weekend update: june 25 & 26
    JD and I went to see one of his co-workers get married in Waverly, Iowa last week. They are college sweethearts and got married in Wargburg College's (where they both attended)chapel. How cute! The campus was beautiful and it was our first time visiting Iowa. We were able to cross Goal #1 off our "101 in 1001" list (see the Day Zero tab, above). On our way back, we decided to take a detour and see Iowa's largest frying pan, which is also one of the nation's top 6 largest. We drove to a little town called Brandon....
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Yes, that is a house right behind this tourist attraction. Those poor people have to live next door to an over-sized frying pan.
    Photobucket
     Showing off this wingspan.
    Photobucket
    At some point, they had a place to leave comments about the pan, but it wasn't there when we visited. They had, however, typed up previous comments for us to read:
    Photobucket
    My favorite is the hand-written one at the top. Or "Pantastic"- I always enjoy a good pun.
    There was also a list of places people had come from to see the pan. Surprisingly, JD's small hometown in Ohio was on the list!
    In order to get to the pan, one must drive through Brandon, IA first. Well, drive down the short street that makes up Brandon, IA. Let me preface this by saying that I am a country girl at heart. I went to high school next to cornfields, I knew everyone I graduated with, and I enjoy that "small town feel" that small towns have :) However....
    Brandon, IA is sadly small.
    Photobucket
      Exhibit A is the Post Office. It's a trailer. Apparently this is more common than I expected it to be (I Googled it). When towns don't have a Post Office and want one, this is the cheapest solution. I'm thinking that usually it's temporary, though? But Brandon decided to stick with it.
    Photobucket
    This is the oldest working gas station I have ever seen. Check out those pumps! 
    It might be super awesome to live in Brandon, IA. I do believe that is possible. However, it doesn't make a good first impression. 

    weekend forecast: july 2 & 3rd
    The weather is supposed to be extra beautiful this weekend. If I was feeling pessimistic, like I usually am, I would say that it's going to be WAY too hot. But remembering back to those sub-zero temperatures from last winter makes me appreciate the scorching sun and high humidity.
    This is what I would love to wear to an outdoor cookout to celebrate this great country! 



    Independence Day

    SHIRT: B STORE Knote detail tank top, $110 $67 - farfetch.com 
    SHORTS: Laurie Navy Shorts, $110 - coggles.com 
    SHOES: Diba Dance With Me - Black Satin Stripe, $59 - heels.com
    SUNGLASSES: Diesel Unisex Plastic Cut out frame aviator sunglasses one size White, $64 - mylabel.co.uk 
    BAG: Dolce & Gabbana White Basket-Weave Bag, $1,905 $960 - profilebrighton.co.uk 
    NECKLACE: Gathering Eye Heavy Leaf Necklace, $25 - generalpants.com.au 
    RING: Mini Star Charm Ring, $16 - whistles.co.uk 
    NAIL POLISH: OPI Nail Lacquer- Big Apple Red #N25 at HairCareChoices, $8.49 - haircarechoices.com

    outfit via my polyvore :)

    If you like this outfit, please click the button below and make your opinion official! Find my post in the link up and "like it"!
    I hope to eat some grilled hot dogs, watch some fireworks, drink some fruity cocktails, and relax for a couple days with JD and friends. 
    I'm heading to Ohio on the 4th (yes, traveling on a holiday...booo) to attend my uncle's funeral. He passed away from cancer this week, after be aware of his condition for only a month. Please keep my aunt and cousins in your prayers as they deal with this loss. 

    I wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA. 
    And
    HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my readers up North!  

Total Pageviews