First Post!

            I am finally ready for my FIRST POST! The setup and design of the blog isn't quite where I'd like it to be yet, but it's getting there. I figured I should post something to get myself going :)

    Here is my Blogger To-Do List for this week:
    (1) Post my 101 in 1001 goal list
    (2) Join the Twenty-Something Bloggers group
    (3) Add 5 more blogs to my Good Reads section
    (4) Create and post the USA Map of states I've visited
    (5) Join 2 Link Ups

            Now that I've shared my plans and made myself accountable for following through with them, here's a recap of my weekend.
            Friday, my parents got here and we had spaghetti, stuffed mushrooms, and apple pie a la mode for dinner! It was delicious and I was excited to show off my new cooking/baking skills to my mom :) Of course we watched the Ohio State basketball game and were greatly disappointed when our Buckeyes couldn't pull out a win. Saturday, we gave my parents a tour of JD's workplace and the town where I work and then had lunch at Ella's Deli, a sandwich and ice cream shop on the East side. That night, we went to Essen Haus, a German restaurant downtown, for some good food and live music. JD and I meet friends there every few weeks and we always love it. A polka band and beer served in glass boots always makes for a wonderful evening! Later in the evening, we watched Up which was soooo good. I had been wanting to see it for awhile and had heard such good things about it. It definitely met my expectations. Sunday, we had brunch at Perkins (I'm not going to link this, because you should know what it is. If you don't, make the effort to Google it. Your taste buds will thank me later.) and then my mom and I browsed The Pink Poodle, a designer consignment store on the West side. We watched some March Madness in the afternoon and then had tacos for dinner while we watched Bride Wars. My mom and I enjoyed it; my dad and JD weren't so impressed.
            The weekend flew by and now only Bert and I are left in the apartment. It feels so empty and quiet since talking and laughing has filled it for the past 2 days. This week is Spring Break for one of the schools that I sub for, so I will have a lot of time to catch up on some laundry, work on this blog, and do some scrapbooking. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to spend some time outside also!

    Until next time,
    Sarah

Total Pageviews